Sunday, September 19, 2010

Still on Hiatus

I've been meaning to post more stories, but have been working almost non-stop since I started my job at the end of June.  When you are living in a small town eight hours from your home where you don't really know anyone, it's easy to just eat, sleep, drink, and work.  And wait for the shower (which happens when you have seven people living the in same apartment building who all need to be at work at 8AM).  In Latacunga, 10, 12, even 14 hour days were typical just because there wasn't anything else to do there.  But this week I will be working from Cuenca in a office that is open from 8:30AM to 1PM and 2:30PM to 6PM so I intend to start posting again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judith!
I do indeed miss your blogs! You are a fabulous writer, and along with Dave and his Venezuelan wife, Keren, I so enjoy your view of South America! Especially when you use your zoom lens! I was excited to hear about your job from your dad, even though it must be tough to be away from home so much. I look forward to more regular posts when you finish your two month tour!
Hanna Chookaszian